500 N. 10th St
ABOUT 500 N. 10th St.
This unsolicited proposal to the City of Richmond was in response to the urgent facility needs of VCU Health Systems, the Doorways, Ronald McDonald House Charities, and expanded childcare facilities that will support working families. In addition to these tenant programs, an additional 90,000 square feet of “spec” Class A commercial office space will also be developed to attract new business and jobs to downtown Richmond.
The site is the location of the City’s obsolete Public Safety Building. The original design and construction of that facility resulted in the creation of a superblock that interrupted the City’s downtown street grid. The development will rebuild Clay Street, returning that portion of the site to its original public purpose. Site acquisition and financial closing occurred on July 15, 2021. The project will be completed in 2024.
The project is being developed by Capital City Partners, LLC, a joint venture between Concord Eastridge, Inc and Future Cities, LLC along with these other Capital City Partners
- Architect: SMBW PLLC and Kieran Timberlake
- General Contractor: DPR Construction and Canterbury Enterprises
- Civil Engineer: VHB
- Landscape / Streetscape Design: Waterstreet Studios
- Land-use and Legal Counsel: Roth Jackson
- Project Investor and Lender: Oak Street Real Estate Capital and Mesirow Financial